The Importance of a Weekly Business Examen & Review for Christian Women Entrepreneurs
In this episode, we’re talking about the importance of regularly reviewing and reflecting on your business, as well as how to create a practical and doable routine for this purpose.
I’m taking you through five simple steps to conduct a weekly examen and review process of your business, along with tips on how to incorporate this routine into your own business.
A Weekly Business Examen is an Essential Business Tool
Whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur or just starting out, this episode will guide you in creating a practice that aligns your business goals with your personal growth and invites God into your entrepreneurial journey.
Here are four key takeaways from our conversation:
- Conduct a weekly review: Set aside time each week to reflect on the previous week’s accomplishments, tasks, and challenges. Brain dump any pending or incomplete items, and document them so you can carry them over if needed. This helps clear your mind and prepares you for the week ahead.
- Conduct a weekly business examen: Use the “ADMAR” acronym (Alive, Draining, Moments, Aware, Release) to guide your reflection. Identify moments where you felt most alive and grateful, acknowledge draining experiences, become aware of God’s presence, and release any worries or fears into His hands. This practice opens the door for spiritual growth and guidance in your business.
3. Make personal and business priority lists: Determine both personal and business priorities for the upcoming week. This includes appointments, projects, deadlines, and other essential tasks.
4. Review and prep for the week: Take the time to review your schedule and ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Proactively planning allows you to be intentional and focused in your work.
To dive deeper into these practices and learn how they can benefit your business, listen to the full podcast episode, (or read the transcript). You can listen to the episode below or find it on The Selah Entrepreneur podcast on your favorite podcast platform.
Remember, regularly examining and reviewing your business is a crucial part of your clarity journey and growth as an entrepreneur. Give it a try and see how it transforms your perspective and productivity.
- Download a starter journal of the Weekly Business Examen & Review: Click here
- Podcast Episode: Achieve Business Clarity & Growth With Quarterly Business Reviews
- Prefer reading a transcript? Great! You can do that here: Episode 27 Transcript
Are you ready to find clarity for your business and website? I’d love to help:
>> DO YOU KNOW YOUR BUSINESS PERSONALITY TYPE?: Ever wondered why your business feels off, why one type of marketing is harder for you than others, or why some of your services work great, and others feel heavy and hard? Maybe you are trying to be something you aren’t. Take the quiz at – https://selahstudios.co/bp-quiz
>> BUSINESS CLARITY COACHING: Are you in need of a Business Clarity Reset? Get the support, tools, and resources you need with my Mini Business Clarity Toolkit Coaching here — https://SelahStudios.co/reset
>> SELAH SOCIETY MASTERMIND: Do you often feel that running your online business often is a lonely adventure? That’s probably not what you imagined when you started your business. Well, I’ve got good news for you, it doesn’t have to be. And it shouldn’t. The Selah Society Mastermind is for you if you looking for support on your business clarity journey and want to support others in return. — https://SelahStudios.co/mastermind
Marta Goertzen is an entrepreneur, writer, WordPress Website developer, and nature photographer. She daily explores the trails and beaches of the South Central Oregon Coast with her dogs Oliver & Mochi. You can follow along on their adventures on Instagram. Marta also fully believes that change starts with gratitude and that gratitude can change everything. Find out how with the “Grateful Friday 7-Days of Gratitude Starter Kit”